Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Kathy Ann Johnson-personal shopper


A while back I posted about a jeweler that I interviewed at a local fashion show. I have another update for you guys! While at the show I ran into another interesting character a lady by the name of Kathy Ann Johnson. Kathy is an ex logistics manager turned personal shopper from Barbados who is a lover of all things in her words "vintage and cheap". She absolutely loves a good bargain and the only thing that she loves more than that is sharing her bargains. Being from Barbados Kathy has been exposed to price gougers and swindlers galore. She believes that every MAN, WOMAN and CHILD should be able to outfit themselves in the garments that they wish but with back door deals and greedy merchants pedaling overpriced merchandise, the people of Barbados find it hard to obtain such garments. This is were Kathy comes in, like a Super Woman of a sort. She comes to America, fills orders, takes them back to her country and sells the items for the price that they are actually makred for. When talking to Kathy you could sense the good in her heart, when she spoke about finding her passion and dropping her previous job as a logistics manager you could hear the happines and excitement just bubbyling in her. Unfortunately this great woman doesn't have a website right now but when she gets one she is going to update me and believe me i'll share!

But for now take a quick look at some of her womens pieces that she brought for styling to the fashion show, she even had some of her items up for sale :D. I had my eye on a black fadora but a guy beat me to it :( lol

For more pics you can check out my tumblr if you'd like:  http://theamericano.tumblr.com/

I have twitter now too:
http://twitter.com/#!/addbackwards

Oh follow me on bloglovin!

5 comments:

  1. cool! that's sad you missed the fedora! haha. anyway, following you on bloglovin (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited that you like my posts! Gosh I really wanted that fedora buuuut I guess it was not meant to be :( lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty. Love the the colour of the first.xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot! I really like your style! And the pictures of the burgers made me soo hungry lol

    http://theamericanoblogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. deej, we need to go thrifting together soon!

    ReplyDelete